Thursday, August 28, 2008

Kerry, Clinton Come Out Swinging...and I was there.

Last night, through an extreme level of luck, some creativity, and the desire to witness history, I was able to make it onto the floor of the Democratic National Convention. In a mass of humanity that would make the most social person feel overwhelmed, a slipped in with the New York delegation to watch some of the most renouned leaders of the Democratic Party.

John Kerry and Bill Clinton gave out standing speeches. Kerry's may have been the best of his career (Where was that four years ago?). Bill Clinton put his differences aside and fully pledged his support to Barack Obama and Joe Biden. Both men slammed John McCain and George Bush, with Kerry implying that McCain was a flip-flopper.

Biden was more sentimental in his acceptance, but did not hesitate to throw some jabs at his friend John McCain and even have a little Freudian slip, confusing McCain and Bush. Last night surpassed all of my expectations, and I was there to witness a little bit of American history.

In true Obama fashion, the Senator showed up with three minutes left in the official convention schedule, which made my entire experience here even better. As I write this, I am waiting to see if the NJ Delegation will provide me with tickets to tonight's event at Invesco...I will remain hopeful.

No comments: